Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Today I finished my fifth day at St. Paul's! It feels like these past few days have gone by so fast. I have started to teach about food during the social studies time of the day. I am teaching about food groups and the nutrients found in food! It has been difficult to incorporate social studies into this topic because I would consider food to be more of a science topic. But the children seem to enjoy it! This week is only a three day week since there is another holiday at the end of this week. I am looking forward to flying to Paris on Thursday! This past weekend was amazing! Friday we went to the city center and walked down to the Port of Barcelona then back up Las Ramblas, the Main Street of the city center. We ate at a great Mexican restaurant, La Rosa Negra and had a great time. Saturday we took a train about 45 minutes away to a little town, Stiges. The town was beautiful and I loved being near the Mediterranean Sea.  Sunday we went to Mount Tibadabo which is the highest point in Barcelona and over looks the city. It was amazing standing up there and looking down over the small buildings. We then made our way to Parc Guell with the famous mosaic tiles designed by a famous artist, Gaudi. Today we visited the Sagrada Familia, a beautiful famous cathedral. The architecture here is unreal and I am so amazed every time we see something new!

 
Standing in front of a lion at the Port of Barcelona. 

The Mediterranean Sea


Stained glass windows in the Sagrada Familia. 


No comments:

Post a Comment