Sunday, May 4, 2014

Hello from Barcelona!

I am settling back into the swing of things in Barcelona after a four day weekend trip to Paris with two other girls student teaching at St. Paul's. We left Barcelona early Thursday morning and arrived in Paris two hours later to then get on a bus that took an hour and a half to get to Paris. Our hotel was in a town outside of Paris so after the bus ride we then had to take the metro 45 minutes to Cergy, the town we stayed in. From there we asked different people how to get to our hotel and finally wondered our way around until we found it. After all that traveling we were all exhausted. We had a great hotel with a breakfast buffet every morning, comfortable beds, and a big shower (Which spoiled us since our showers in Barcelona are tiny!)  Thursday after a nap, we traveled back into Paris to see the Eiffel  Tower and figure out the metro so we know what trains to ride for the weekend. Pulling into our platform from the metro we could see the Eiffel Tower from far away and immediately the exhausting day got better! It was amazing to actually see the Eiffel Tower, I couldn't believe it. Day Two in Paris: We woke up very early to eat breakfast before heading out to Paris for the day. We went straight to the Eiffel Tower to take some pictures then found The Big Bus Tour, which is a tour bus that took us all around Paris to all the great places to see. We bought a two day pass since we had a lot to see! We loved the bus because they had headphones and told you interesting facts about all the places we drove by. We rode the bus to The Louvre. We stood in line to get inside The Louvre for almost two hours. It was worth it because once we were inside we got in free with our student ID cards! I loved The Louvre! There was so much to see from sculptures to Michelangelo's apartment to the Mona Lisa.  The Mona Lisa was off in a corner of the museum by herself in a case. The actual painting was much smaller than I thought it would be. We had to shove through a huge crowd of people to get to the front to take a picture. It was totally worth it. The Louvre took up most of our day so we got back on the tour bus and rode it back to the Eiffel Tower to catch our train back to the hotel. Day Three was just as amazing. As soon as we got to Paris we went to the Eiffel Tower and stood in line to go to the top. This line seemed like it took forever but only took about two hours too. We rode in an elevator to the top and looked out over all of Paris, it was so beautiful. We then caught the tour bus for Notre Dame to take pictures. We did not want to go up in the towers because there are more than 300 steps and no elevators. We walked around the Latin Quarter and went in a few souvenir shops. I bought a french beret. :) Next we hopped back on the tour bus for the Arc de Triumph. There was a french flag hanging from the Arc and a ceremony going on, we could not figure out what for but it was cool to watch! By this time in the trip my allergies started to get bad and I wasn't feeling well. It was rainy the first day and we didn't realize how cold it would be in Paris. Now that I am back in Barcelona I hope that I start feeling better!

 The Eiffel Tower, a picture I took from on top of the bus tour.
 Posing in front of Notre Dame
 A view of the city from the Eiffel Tower
A selfie with the Mona Lisa. 

Now that I am back in Barcelona I am not looking forward to this five day school week coming up. I am hoping this week will go by fast because We are traveling to London the next weekend! Only 8 more school days and 10 more days until I am back in the states! 

No comments:

Post a Comment